The first step to voting by mail is to apply. Macoupin County currently has multiple ways for you to request an application:
- You can apply online directly using our online vote by mail application forms by clicking one of the links below or one of the red buttons directly above.
– 2022 Primary Mail Ballot Online Application
– Permanent Vote by Mail Online Application (Automatically Be Mailed a Ballot Each Election)
- You can apply by calling the Election office at (217) 854-3214 ext. 918. The Election office will need the voter’s name, residence address, mailing address, and date of birth at the time of request.
- You can apply by filling out and printing one of the applications below and mailing it to the Election Office at P.O. Box 107, Carlinville, IL 62626.
– 2022 Primary Election Mail Ballot Only Application
– Permanent Mail Ballot Application (Automatically Be Mailed a Ballot Each Election)
Please remember that an original, signed application must be returned to the Election Office before a vote by mail ballot can be mailed to you. The first day vote by mail ballots will be mailed for the 2022 Primary Election will be May 14, 2022.
For more information on voting by mail, please visit the Vote By Mail page.