The Federal Voting Assistance Program website provides information to U.S. Citizens covered by the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA).

Members of the Military and their dependents and U.S. citizens of the United States temporarily residing outside the U.S. may submit a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) to receive a ballot. This application serves as a request to receive a ballot for every election in one (1) calendar year.

A Military voter is defined as: Anyone serving in the Uniformed Services which are defined as the U.S. Armed Forces, Merchant Marines, Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Service, the National Oceanic and Atmosphere Administration, and U.S. Government employees serving outside the U.S.

Members of the Military and Citizens Overseas MUST submit a FPCA annually in the month of January and whenever there is a mailing address change.

Download the FEDERAL POST CARD APPLICATION (FPCA) or obtain it from your Commanding Officer, U.S. Embassy, or Consulate.

Complete the FPCA form.

Provide the complete street address of your Illinois voting residence. A post office box is not sufficient.

Please include a current mailing address.

If you do not list a party affiliation, you will NOT receive an absentee ballot for primary elections.

You must sign and date the FPCA. Witness/Notary is not required by Illinois.

Send completed form to:

Macoupin County Clerk’s Office
P.O. Box 107
Carlinville, IL 62626


Email: [email protected]

Fax: (217) 854-7347